The school of Design & Innovation is known for:
- Interdisciplinary learning environment
- Reputation in the industry
- Professional credentials and diplomas
- Personalized Academy – High student satisfaction
- Entrepreneurial Academy – strong collaboration with Industry
- Technology – use of advanced digital tools and software
- A leading team of lecturers – interior designers, architects and theorists.
- Three programs: Bachelor of Interior Design (B. Design – Bachelor of Interior Design); Bachelor of Spatial Visual Communication (in Interior); Graduate degree in Design for innovation and entrepreneurship.
We seek to instill in our students abroad theoretical and cultural knowledge, general and specialized design practice, community involvement, and an awareness of global issues. At the same time, we encourage the ability to critically reflect on all these topics.
Diversity and Gender Equality: The School promotes diversity. We maintain gender equality at all levels and open our gates to students of diverse backgrounds. These values are reflected in our curriculum and in our students and faculty demographics.
Community Engagement: The School of Design and Innovation was among the first to conceptualize interior design as inseparable from its social, political-economic and cultural contexts. Faculty and students are committed to using their knowledge to benefit society. In fulfilling this ideal, we actively engage in various community projects and in socially-oriented research.
Global Awareness: Design today is confronted by a set of major transformational developments: climate change, globalization, technology and urbanization. The Department has invested considerable efforts in teaching and researching how these issues transform and motivate design and environmental awareness