Our Core Values
The student is at the focus of COLMAN’s life
COLMAN is committed to the intellectual and professional development of its students in their field of choice. It is accessible to students from diversified backgrounds and it is committed to providing tailor-made assistance to those who need it. Teaching is conceived of and practiced by its faculty members as more than a profession; it is a vocation.
A meaningful learning experience
COLMAN is committed to prepare its students to a life of learning by proving them with cutting-edge knowledge in their respective fields; the skills necessary to update the knowledge and adapt it to change over time, and the ability to reflect critically on their knowledge and skills in terms of its social, economic and cultural impact.
A relevant learning experience
COLMAN is committed to offering its students applicable knowledge and a “hands on” learning experience. It believes an engagement with relevant industries, locally and globally, impacts its students’ ability to translate ideas and knowledge into applicable goods, services and products, widens their experiences, augments their opportunities and open up their horizons.
Good citizenship and social engagement
COLMAN is committed to instill among its students awareness to the value of social involvement and contribution to the community; the importance of professional and intellectual integrity and a sense of personal responsibility. The education it provides empowers its students. This empowerment is to generate a commitment to empower others.
- To assist its students in choosing a field of studies most commensurate with their desires and abilities
- To cultivate a diversified student body, a tolerant learning culture and an empowering learning environment comprising Israeli and foreign students
- To develop and offer the most innovative substantive educational programs
- To develop collaborative programs with institutions for higher education abroad
- To develop core courses which focus on learning methodologies (“how to”) rather than content in order to offer the students the tools necessary to engage in life-long learning
- To apply innovative learning technologies coupled with individual and group mentoring
- To enrich the learning experience with a wide range of opportunities for a significant “hands-on” experience
- To ensure that the faculty comprises both academics and professionals from the industry, with a special emphasis on alumnae
- To encourage its faculty to be engaged in research initiatives both individually and in collaboratively
- To initiate new and nurture existing programs where the learning experience integrates community engagement